- Indians have dignity. They do not like crumbs of charity thrown to them (right to food act passed by congress in haste).
- They want creation of opportunities, so they themselves may raise themselves to heights.
- They can no more be divided on line communal hatred one of minority populated areas in Varanasi has voted mostly for Modi)
- Older & conservative minority has come to realize that their tactical voting can become ineffective
if there is ray of hope for progress.
- Despite gross illiteracy, Indian voter is very intelligent. It was said in 1977 by BBC
- when congress won 6 out of 7 assembly seats from Raebareli just after they had rejected Mrs. Gandhi in parliamentary election)